- Repair or replacement of your car
- Car rental while your automobile is being repaired
- Your medical and hospital bills
- Wages lost because of an injury
- Compensation for pain and suffering if anyone is hurt.
If the other driver’s insurance won’t cover all your medical bills, file a claim for the difference against your PIP coverage, if you have it. For amounts greater than that, you can claim against your UM/UIM coverage or your health insurance policy.
If the other driver’s policy won’t cover all of your auto repairs, file a claim against your collision or UM/UIM coverage for the difference (minus your deductible) between the damage to your car and what the other driver’s policy will pay.